Preparations prior to flea service
1. Clear all carpeted floor (including closets) of boxes, clothing, toys or any other items that will prevent treatment.
2. Wash (in hot water) or destroy all pet bedding materials. If bedding material is disgarded into the trash, put in a trash bag and remove to exterior trash container as soon as possible.
3. Vacuum ALL flooring including tile, wood or vinyl.
4. Vacuum pet sleeping and resting areas (under furniture, window sills, shelves, etc).
5. Vacuum furniture, especially between and under cushions.
6. Empty vacuum contents into trash bag and remove to exterior trash can.
7. Remove all pets from home (prior to application). Store and cover all food. Cover all fish tanks.
8. Arrange to have pets treated the same day as home... this step is very IMPORTANT!
9. You and your pets will need to stay out of the treated area during treatment as well as two hours after.
After treatment is complete
1. Do not clean carpet or floors with detergents or cleaners for at least two weeks as detergents will neutralize the chemicals.
2. Continue to vacuum daily for one week.
3. If infestation is severe it may be necessary to launder and dry clothing to remove fleas, eggs and pet hair.
4. Follow up service is three weeks from initial service. This follow up must be complete for the treatment to be effective.